Formats: Markdown, PDF, LaTeX, HTML .
- Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland. Senior policy economist.
- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. Senior economist.
- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. Economist.
- Published 20+ scholarly articles and 40+ non-technical articles.
- Served as reviewer for 30+ academic journals.
- Interests: applied microeconomics, public economics, regional and urban, and real estate economics.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Briefed the Bank’s President, Boards of Directors of the Bank’s branches, and industry and community leaders on current economic conditions in the Fourth District and the nation.
- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Served as reviewer in Federal Reserve System’s Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR). (2012-2014)
- Chaired Federal Reserve System’s Committee on Regional Analysis; organized its Annual Conference. (2013-2014)
- Coordinated the St. Louis District’s Beige Book. (2002-2014)
- Briefed the Bank’s President, Boards of Directors of the Bank’s branches, and industry and community leaders on current economic conditions in the Eighth District and the nation.
- ITAM, CAIE (Center for Economic Research and Analysis). Junior researcher.
- Wrote periodical reports on economic conditions in Mexico.
- PhD in Economics. University of Rochester.
- Fields: Industrial organization; political economy.
Advisor: Per Krusell. Dissertation: Essays on Economic Competition Among Jurisdictions.
- MA in Economics. University of Rochester.
- BA in Economics, summa cum laude. ITAM (Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México).
- 2013 (summer)
- Washington University in St. Louis. Olin Business School. Managerial economics.
- 2002 (spring)
- ITAM. CIE (Center for Economic Research). Intermediate microeconomics; industrial organization (master’s).
- 1998, 1999
- University of Rochester. Department of Economics. Intermediate microeconomics.
- ITAM. Department of Economics. Introductory microeconomics.
- “A State Level Analysis of Okun’s Law.” (with Amy Y. Guisinger, Michael T. Owyang, and Tara Sinclair) Regional Science and Urban Economics, 68, pp. 239-248.
- “Clustered Housing Cycles.” (with Michael T. Owyang and Margarita Rubio) Regional Science and Urban Economics, 66, pp. 185–197.
- “Strategic Online Banking Adoption,” (with Gerard Llobet and Roberto Fuentes) Journal of Banking and Finance, 34(7), pp. 1650–1663.
- “Patent Licensing Revisited: Heterogeneous Firms and Product Differentiation,” (with Gerard Llobet). International Journal of Industrial Organization, 24(1), pp. 149–175.
- “Racial Profiling or Racist Policing? Bounds Tests in Aggregate Data,” (with John Knowles). International Economic Review, 45(3), pp. 959–989.